Chambers of Commerce are organizations that are dedicated to promoting the interests of local businesses and fostering economic growth. Membership in a chamber can demonstrate to potential customers or clients that your business is committed to being a part of the local community, and that you are invested in the success of the OB-EN area.
- Meetings and Networking:
- The Chamber holds member meetings, mixers and other networking events. Our general meetings are twice a year. Once in the Spring and then in the Fall. Networking event dates vary monthly so be sure to check our events calendar.
- We encourage attendees to bring promotional materials to share with others. Each person has an opportunity to introduce their business and mention special offers. In addition, a speaker is scheduled to present information on topics to help you run your business more efficiently and effectively. Members can contact us if interested in offering a 15 minute presentation at one of our meetings.
- The Chamber has also participated in a number of multi-chamber networking events and we plan to continue to network with other chambers and business organizations.
- Publicity and Promotion:
- The Chamber provides valuable publicity and community awareness. The Chamber is involved in many events throughout the year to promote business in Oyster Bay and East Norwich. We also invest in events to bring consumers to our area. Oyster Bay Day is a street fair in the Spring that brings over 2,000 people into our area with live music, vendors and attractions. Oyster Bay Cruise Nights is a weekly car show that runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day and sees on average 150-200 cars and hundreds of spectators. This event also has live music. And finally, we have the Holiday Stroll Market & Tree Lighting which brings 500+ people out to shop, see Santa, and witness the tree lighting ceremony. It's truly a beloved event for our community.
- Submit a Newsletter Article for extra publicity. You can also submit special events and offers for promotion in the Chamber newsletter and email blasts. Simply email your promotion at least three weeks in advance.
- Members can also post press releases on our website as well as add their events to our community calendar. All press releases and events are automatically pushed out to our social media accounts.
- Social Media:
- Our Chamber has a presence on some of the major social media platforms. Follow us (see our social media links on the right sidebar) we follow back and help promote our members when time permits.
- Member-to-Member Discount Program:
- Offer a discount - whatever you wish - to fellow chamber members - you receive extra publicity in our newsletter and on our website (all members are also eligible for discounts from other members). You can also offer discounts to the community to encourage more traffic to your business.
- Increase your Internet Presence:
- The Chamber’s website is your opportunity to get additional exposure on the Internet. As a member, you can post your logo and a brief narrative of your business. An email link under your listing connects you to potential customers. These services are included in your membership. In addition, we also offer our members advertising banners on the Chamber website at VERY reasonable rates.